2019 Meeting Program Details:
3/20/2019 - 7:00 - 9:00 Photographer Profile: Mike Reid. Mike
Mike is a Boise based photographer that specializes in dance, fitness, portraiture, wedding, fashion and commercial work. He has extensive experience with Ballet Idaho. You can see some of his work at the following:
3/6/2019 -7:00 - 9:00 Before and After - The power of post processing.
The presentations will be made by a panel of members to illustrate various techniques and styles. The objective of this session is to expose members to the versatility of post processing and show them that not all images come out of the camera looking like the final product. The intent is not to necessarily spend a bulk of the time specifically walking through the exact steps of post processing, but to discuss and/or show the step taken to achieve the final results. This is not intended to be a software instructional class, but some demonstration will take place.
2/20/2019 - 7:00 - 9:00 An Intro to Astrophotography - Jordan Ragsdale.
Jordan is a local photographer and is an accomplished astrophotographer. This will be a great opportunity to learn about astrophotography. Jordan has created a video of some of his recent work: https://www.facebook.com/jordan.ragsdale.52/videos/10217633183731914/UzpfSTEwMjQ4NDc2MTI6Vks6Mjc0ODM4MTU2NTE4MjM1/?query=ragsdale&epa=SEARCH_BOX
2/13/19 - 7:00 - 9:00 Mirror-less Camera Workshop - this will be a panel discussion about mirror-less cameras. The great thing about this is that it will have folks that have the various formats and brands of cameras so it is a great time to learn about the various models. Our panel will be:
- Fujifilm: Jim Peterson, Dave Lindsey and Allen Baxter
- Sony: Harold Hall, Bill Betts, Kathleed Reed
- Olympus: Dave Fujii
- Panasonic: John McVey and Mike Thill
This will be a dual session. We will have a session to critique submitted images and then do a member image display slideshow.
- This will be a session to have your images critiqued. Our leader will be Ernie Shook.
- Submit up to 5 images for critique prior to January 1st to the club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This will be our normal image display with no critique, but we will expand the number of images to display so that you can showcase some of your work.
- Bring up to 15 images for the slideshow.
- 1920 pixels long edge (the short edge dimension is unimportant)
- JPG at 100% quality
- sRGB color space
- 72 ppi (this doesn't really matter, but Lightroom and some other software requires a number, so use this)
- Resizing images to the above parameters will automatically keep the file size well within range for quick viewing.